Archive for March, 2012
This light and healthful salad is packed with folic acid and iron from the spinach and lean protein from the shrimp. I just served this easy peasy salad along with tom yum gai soup for a fun and bubbly girls champagne brunch. I added a bit of the mandarin orange juice to the champagne with rave reviews and called it “The Tigerlily.”
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cooked medium shrimp
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cups canned mandarin oranges, drained
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Set aside.
- To prepare salad, add shrimp, mandarin oranges and spinach to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts before serving.