I couldn’t resist re-posting this amazing and easy Coconut Shrimp recipe! You’ll score a touch down at your Super Bowl party with these Coconut Shrimp. Crispy, sweet and tender and served with a tangy orange lime dipping sauce, this Coconut Shrimp recipe is a breeze to make and fries up quickly. I would double or even triple this recipe because they’re so popular and totally unexpected at a Super Bowl get together.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails entact)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked, sweetened coconut
- corn oil for frying
- Orange Lime Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Beat egg whites and beer until frothy in a medium bowl.
- Rinse and dry shrimp with paper towels. Mix cornstarch and salt in a shallow bowl. Place coconut flakes in a separate shallow bowl. Working with one shrimp at a time, dredge it in the cornstarch mixture, then dip it in the egg white and beer mixture, and roll it in the coconut, making sure to coat the shrimp well.
- Heat sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, stirring until well blended, and simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Heat corn oil in a deep frying pan to 350 degrees. Fry shrimp 2-3 pieces at a time until golden brown. Remove with tongs or metal strainer and drain on a baking sheet lined with paper towel.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce