These spicy, sweet and sticky wings will add a fabulous Asian twist to your Super Bowl Party! The chicken wings are tossed in flour seasoned with Five Spice powder and then deep fried until crispy and golden brown. The chicken wings are then mixed in a sauce of sweet Thai chili sauce, srircha sauce, butter, fish sauce and ginger and garlic. I like to throw them in the oven for about 15 minutes to finish them off and then brush with a bit more of the sweet Thai chili sauce before serving. You’ll score extra points when you serve these wings to your hungry crowd!!
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon World Market Chinese Five Spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup Mae Play Sweet Chili Sauce plus more for brushing
- 3 tablespoons Huy Fong Srircha Sauce
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, five spice powder and salt. Place chicken wings in a large n bowl and toss in the flour mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, sweet chili sauce and Srircha sauce. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375°. The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep.
- Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Pour the sauce over the wings in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place the wings on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Brush the wings with more sweet chili sauce before serving.