I also like to use a variety of colorful sprinkles and bits of toffee as well. Use your imagination and create your own signature toppings like finely chopped macadamia nuts mixed into white chocolate or a dusting of edible gold dust which is beautiful against a coat of dark chocolate.
I love to serve these along with champagne for a memorable New Year’s Eve Party treat. Package in silver or gold Chinese take-out containers (available at most party supply stores) as a fun and creative hostess gift.
- 24 fortune cookies
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or candy coating
- 2 cup white chocolate chips or candy coating
- sliced almonds
- variety of colored sprinkles
- candy canes, ground in a food processor
- bits of toffee
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in separate ceramic bowls. Heat semi-sweet chocolate chips for 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each interval until melted and smooth. Set aside. Repeat steps with white chocolate chips. You may use a double boiler alternatively to melt chocolate.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Place toppings in individual small bowls. Dip each cookie in semi-sweet or white chocolate and sprinkle with toppings as you desire. Place on cookie sheet. Once cookie sheet is full, place in freezer for 5 minutes to set. Store in an airtight container.